Go to WELCOME page BULLETIN BOARD CALENDAR of EVENTS REGISTRATION FORM ORI ACADEMIC PRESS QUOTE of the DAY
DR. JEFFREY SEINFELD MEMORIAL PSYCHOANALYTIC LICENSE MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS NEURO-PSYCHO-EDUCATION
Transference: Evolution from Freudian to Object Relations and Other Perspectives Worldwide
Instructor: Eva D. Papiasvili, PhD, ABPP
1st trimester of the (advanced standing) training programs in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis (This course can be taken also as a separate certificate course, with or without the group supervision class)
Course Calendar: Four VIRTUIAL sessions on Fridays (6:30-9:00pm EST), October 12; October 26; November 16; and December 17, 2018
Location: Virtual participation – via audio/video or audio only - with minimal technical requirements
Tuition: $450/ 10-week course/ trimester (can be paid in 2 installments, upon request). Registration fee: $25/course (waived for candidates in training) - can be paid by CC via PayPal - follow the link: PayPal.Me/ORINYC
Follow the LINK HERE to REGISTER
First Class: October 12, 2018
1. SIGMUND FREUD – EVOLUTION OF THE CONCEPT: CLINICAL THEORY AND TECHNIQUE
The 1st class will concern with:
1. The Evolution of the concept in Freud’s thought: Transference as a mental error (in relation to traumatic/repressed memory and Nachträglichkeit), as a displacement of infantile Oedipal wishes and disappointments onto the present analytic situation and the analyst; positive and negative transference, ‘unobjectionable positive transference’ (root of the concept of working alliance) and ‘love/erotic transference’; ubiquity of transference, as a ‘return of the repressed’, transference activates libidinal and aggressive/destructive wishes, desires, impulses and thoughts; transference-resistance: acting in and out of transference, negative therapeutic reaction; relation of the transference phenomena to Nachträglichkeit (theoretical angle);
2. Evolution of Freud’s Technical armamentarium of clinically working with transference and transference interpretations: interpretative challenges with both ‘transference love’, as well as with negative transferences (disappointments, unconscious wishes for revenge and other aggressive impulses and wishes; importance and clinical art of transference interpretations and extra-transference interpretations; interpretations as constructions and/or reconstructions; relation of the working with and interpreting transference to the phenomenon of Nachträglichkeit (clinical angle).
3. Gradual broadening of the concept in the work of Abraham, Ferenczi, Strachey and Macalpine.
2. EARLY BROADENING of the TRANSFERENCE CONCEPT in the work of ABRAHAM, FERENCZI, STRACHEY AND MACALPINE
Mandatory Readings for the 1st class will include but not limited to:
Works of Sigmund Freud: a) Studies of Hysteria – Anna O. (1895); b) Interpretation of Dreams (1900); c) Fragment of an Analysis of a Case of Hysteria: Dora (1905) ; d) The Dynamics of Transference (1912); e) Remembering, Repeating and Working Through (1914); f) Observations on Transference-Love (1915); g) Analysis Terminable and Interminable (1937); h) Mourning and Melancholia (1917); i) Beyond the Pleasure Principle (1920); j) The Ego and the Id ( 1923); k) Inhibitions, Symptoms and Anxiety (1926); l) Constructions in Analysis (1937)
Works of Freudians: a) Karl Abraham (especially his ideas on transference in the area of psychosis); b) Sandor Ferenczi (Introjection and Transference, 1909); James Strachey ("The nature of the therapeutic action of psychoanalysis," 1934); Ida Macalpine (The Development of Transference, 1950).
Eva D. Papiasvili, Ph.D., ABPP has been a Senior Clinical Faculty and Supervisor in the Doctoral program of Clinical Psychology at Columbia University in New York, for the past 30 years. She is the past Executive Director and Dean of the Institute of the Postgraduate Psychoanalytic Society where she has been a Training and Supervising Analyst since 1996; Teaching, Supervising and Training Analyst, Object Relations Institute; Founder and Chair of the Psychoanalysis, Art and Creativity, www.psychartcreativity.org, an Affiliate of the International Association for the Arts and Psychology; Editorial Board member of the International Journal for Group Psychotherapy; a Guest Editor and Reader for the International Forum for Psychoanalysis and for the Psychoanalytic Inquiry. In 2014, she has been appointed a Co-Chair for North America (USA, Canada, Japan) of the IPA Encyclopedic Dictionary of Psychoanalysis Task Force. Dr. Eva Papiasvili is a Member of the American Psychoanalytic Association and its Committee for Psychoanalysis and the Arts; American Psychological Association and its Divisions for Psychoanalysis (39) and Clinical Psychology (12); International Psychoanalytical Association; and International Group Psychotherapy Association. She has been awarded an Honorary Membership of the Czech Psychoanalytic Society (IPA), and an Honorary Membership of the American College of Psychoanalysts. Originally from the Czech Republic, she lives and works in New York.
For more information, visit Dr. Papiasvili's ORI Faculty profile HERE.
Join Us on FACEBOOK!
Support Our Cause on FACEBOOK: Support Mental Health Education!
To pay for the courses, please use PayPal.Me/ORINYC for PayPal payments for credit card payments:
Or, please send the checks or money orders to the address below.
Please note - Mail
correspondence to: ORI Administrator, 75-15 187 Street, Fresh Meadows, NY,
Tel: 646.522.0387 and 646-522-1056 Fax: 718.785.3270 Email: admin@ORINYC.org and email@example.com
Inquiries about psychotherapy and psychoanalysis training: DrKavalerAdler@gmail.com and /or firstname.lastname@example.org
site and its services, including the contents of this site are for informational
It does not
provide medical or any other health care advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Copyright © 2000
Object Relations Institute, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Website created by MindMendMedia (last updated on 09/24/2018).